Choosing an appropriate domain is just as important as choosing a name for a company. The domain represents your identity and the company in the online environment, so you should make sure that you choose a domain name according to your business that is easy to find and promote. In the following rows you will find information that will help you choose the perfect field.
01. Decide whether you want a brandable domain name or keyword-based domain name that specifies the activity you are doing.
02. Make sure you do not infringe copyright when choosing a brandable name. Perform a thorough research to make sure that the name you choose is unique. This mistake is made quite rarely, but when it happens you can tangle your business plans and it can cost you a lot.
03. Easy to write. If a domain requires a lot of attention to be written because of the length or words that can not be pronounced, the marketing value is lost.
04. Memorable. There are millions of registered domains, so keeping a memorable and appealing domain is an essential thing.
05. As short as possible. Ideally it would be a simple and short domain, because if it's long and complex, users can write it wrong.
06. If you choose a keyword-based domain, use words that are searched by people. This will improve your ranking in search engines. To search for the right words, you can use Google Adwords Keyword Planner (eg mobilalemncires.md)
07. Choose the appropriate extension. If you plan to bring customers from all over the world, the most appropriate would be a domain with the extension .COM, if you have a business in Moldova the most appropriate would be a domain .MD, .INFO for information sites, .ORG for the site non commercial ones, etc.
08. Target the area where you activate. If you have a local business, it would be best to add the city on behalf of the domain (eg pieseautobucuresti.ro) to be easily found by the clients.
09. Avoid cracks and numbers. Cracks and numbers are not correctly understood most of the time. People who hear a domain containing a figure do not know whether to write with the number (4) or letters (four). Also, if a domain has hyphens and more words there is a chance not to remember where the hyphen is positioned. Another problem is that domains with many numbers and hyphens are not seen well by search engines.
10. Protects your brand. If you want to register a .MD brandable domain, you should think about buying the domain with the other extensions (.com, .net, .info etc.) and then you are redirecting to the main site. This way you assure that no other person will have the same domain name as yours.
11. Act quickly. The domains sell very quickly because they are cheap, therefore they register your favorite domain as soon as possible if you do not want to be bought by another person.